Chamber of CommercePetoskey’s Chamber of Commerce has a mission “To help businesses in the Petoskey region succeed while protecting our community’s quality of life.” They advocate for the nearly 780 local businesses that are members, promoting networking, good business practices, economic development, tourism, and community enhancement. The Chamber site is your one-stop for involvement in the community, and the best place to start getting plugged in to this beautiful area. View here: petoskeychamber.com
- Public Schools of Petoskey is your resource for K-12 education, and includes Central Elementary, Lincoln Elementary, Ottawa Elementary, Sheridan Elementary, a Montessori school, Petoskey Middle School, and Petoskey High School. Get started with your family’s education here: petoskeyschools.org
- Concord Academy K-12 is a public school with a private school approach. They use a STEAM format for learning: Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics. Visit our page for more information about their education plans: concordpetoskey.com and how they could benefit your family.
- If you are looking for a parochial school, look no further than St. Francis Xavier Catholic School (Pre K-8) and St Michael the Archangel Regional Catholic Academy (9-12). Deeply rooted in their Catholic heritage, the schools offer a wide range of arts education, athletic opportunities, and small class sizes for more individualized attention.
- Spring Arbor University is a Christian institution of higher education located in nearby Spring Arbor, Michigan. SAU is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church, and boasts over 97 majors and programs, with a masters program as well.
- North Central Michigan College provides a local higher education and continuing education center. The college is within walking distance from downtown Petoskey on a 280-acre campus. To find out more about furthering your education here, visit the North Central website.
Petoskey Restaurant Week happens twice a year in May and October; many of the local restaurants team up to offer special deals and discounts so you can find a new favorite! To find out more information about which restaurants are participating, visit their site.
The Downtown Petoskey Farmers Market is open every Friday from June until September, and runs from 8:30-1pm. They currently have nearly 30 vendors, and provide a great connection between local growers and artisans and their local community.